Tuesday 4 September 2018

Time passes more quickly as you get older, seems illogical , time is time , but it does seem to be the case . I have noticed how when I was young nothing seemed to change , Birthdays ,Christmas and school holidays seemed to take forever to arrive , now I see a film I think was made recently and find its 10 or 20 years old . I meet people I know and they say its been 4 years and I think it was last week . Actors are a marker to the passing years I find myself watching a programme  and seeing an actor I vaguely recognise only to find he was playing the handsome virile hero in what I thought was only a little while ago and now he is a geriatric being wheeled about . The point of all of this is now is the time to do the things I always thought I would do when I retirde becuase to mt amazement I am retired and far far older than I can believe , even now I think I will wake up and find I am far younger and it was all a mistake. I wanted to get back on a bike . I have been looking






They are however out of my price range the triumphs in particular would buy a new small saloon car and the enfields a small secondhand saloon.I did toy with the idea of an Enfield they are after all brand new and I think these bike look like bikes where the Japanes ones tend to look like some insect .
In have been to Motts the local dealer many times and never found anything so stopped going ,when, having nothing to do one day I stopped off there and found this

14 years old but only 7000 miles on the clock and it , the insurance , the helmet and the jacket , were a third of the price of just the bikes I had been looking at , so I grabbed it. Motts were amazing they serviced it ,MOT'd it , put a new tyre on the front and delivered it (early) at no extra cost.
However if you have read any of this blog you know I rode my brother in laws bike in Aus but before that it was 40 years ago I bestrode a bike. If I could have afforded the bikes I like they are more the type I am used to , this is more 'modern' so its quite a lift to get your leg over and its a heavy beast . Its taking a while to get back to man and machine as one but I am getting there. It is fun and holding back the years..

No comments:

Post a Comment