Thursday 30 June 2016

and now for something completely different

So its done , Its Thursday but I have been excused and I am glad because I feel emotional sat here and I would be worse if I was there. I was asked what I really wanted as a leaving gift . I said I wanted some way to do the things I had to do wherever I was in the world and to keep in contact. That I wanted something small with a keyboard and a mouse cos I am crap at touch screen stuff . Also my eyesight's not what it was , something light to carry with me. From the moment I said it I thought that was unreasonable and the next day offered 'realistic' options. Well I have had 11 very good years at Gist with great people and they proved it again . My leaving gift is...


and something to transport it in and a customised card with a million farewells what a day.



BUT even better than that , and as good as being able to keep in contact , are a load of videos which my friends have made to say goodbye . brings home what I have given up . We must move on but its good to be able to look back and not regret a moment of it.




1 comment:

  1. Martin, you'll be over the moon to find out that your blog, when viewed from the Gist network, automatically tries to change everything into German. Thankfully, not the main content, which we can still read.

    ReplyDelete