Sunday 3 July 2016

Pondering

The sun is shining and it is a nice day ,BUT, I no longer feel any desire to rush out into the garden and enjoy a nice day there is after all always tomorrow,,  Ah retirement where is thy sting !

Nearly bought a car yesterday a Toyota Avensis , top of the range 3 years old and 12000 !!! miles on the clock £12998 and I got it down to £10500. If I had been working I would have bought it but everyone in my family said what do you want it for ? So I left it .

I have books containing information I stumble across in drunken moments that interest me*. Sadly I have many books because I accumulate things and I end up with a plethora of everything so spread out I cant find things so I am trying to consolidate them into the Purple Book of middlemarch** - well the purple notebook I was given as part of my whimsical leaving gifts from Gist (all of which have actually proved quite useful). I have enjoyed a few cups of coffee out of the gist mug. So did you know Josephine Bonaparte (not tonight Josephine) was a white Creole (did you know there were white Creoles) that Napoleon Bonaparte tried to join the Royal Navy or that Murat when facing the firing squad said Not the face (now that is style). That the Boston tea part was because the tax had been REPEALED , it that George Washington*** had his men inoculated against small pox

* The facts interest me not the drunken moments
** A Tolkien /Gist play on events only I understand.
*** Amazing coincidence to be named after the capital , must be like the Beckhams naming there kids after the place they were conceived (I had a friend called Bike Shed).


1 comment:

  1. I recognise the reference. Sadly, some of us are still providing the plot lines......

    ReplyDelete